Socially Responsible Procurement
We help our clients improve all aspects of their procurement cycle, auditing their impact and policies to ensure best practice and ethical approaches wherever they do business or procure. Across their diverse supply chains we establish core behaviours and audit processes to ensure suppliers maintain the highest standards on both statutory areas (Anti-Slavery for example) and all other areas that are reflective of client corporate policies. Our systems provide regular updates on supplier financials and trading positions, both within a tender or selection process as well as at agreed intervals where we provide long term services. Integrity, transparency and honesty are at the core of all we do as a business; without our good name, which we’ve worked so hard to build, we are nothing and we never forget that.
Hawtrey Dene’s Position
We believe that good business demands a good attitude and that success carries with it responsibilities. This is why we engage with our communities and help our staff contribute to active fundraising programmes for local and national charities.
- We have a zero waste to landfill policy and all waste from our office is recycled
- Filtered water is provided on site – not bottled
- Low energy bulbs are used in all possible fittings
- We encourage telephone and video conferencing before travel, reducing our carbon footprint
- London Living Wage Employer – we pay our staff and support staff a living wage to reflect the costs of London
- Public transport is encouraged and we provide interest free season ticket loans
- #givingtuesday supporter – all staff are given a volunteer day to support local or national charities or causes
We are independent of our clients’ suppliers. 100% of our income is through client billing – we accept no rebates, commissions or other payments from within the supply chain.
In all we do we ensure that all of our work reviews the sustainability of supplier and partners in our clients’ supply chains.
We organise fundraising events regularly and support local and national causes including:
We employ based on merit and skills. We do not tolerate any discrimination on any grounds.
We have a clear ethics policy that all staff sign up to. This also covers the Bribery Act in detail and is reviewed and resigned annually by all staff.
All hospitality is tracked and monitored. Proportionate hospitality is acceptable but a Board member signs off all requests.